Dragon face Pipefish tank mate in reef

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thinking of adding two dragon face pipe fish to sps reef system. Tank mates are snowflake eel and niger trigger. Will it work or would it just be a snack. Always feed very well. Tried a cleaner shrimp once and it didn’t last long. Please let me know what u guys think. Thanks!

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thinking of adding two dragon face pipe fish to sps reef system. Tank mates are snowflake eel and niger trigger. Will it work or would it just be a snack. Always feed very well. Tried a cleaner shrimp once and it didn’t last long. Please let me know what u guys think. Thanks!
Instant snack for the trigger, plus they are very finicky eaters, would need a heavy populated tank of copapods and such.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dragon face pair lived with multiple triggers, tangs including Vlamingi, Unicorn and a few other big tangs with no issue. I also have large carpet anemones. Had them for over a year before I lost a large number of fish. I currently have one in my 350 with 4 eels, angels, tangs and a Thais. They are hardy and fish ignore them. What they need is a established pod population to grow. By the way the triggers I had were a Niger, crosshatch pair, Hawaiian pink tail with them. I also had pairs of yellow and red pipefish along with a black/yellow pair. One of each pair passed after 6 months and the last two went in the wipeout :(

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back