Dragon hunter!

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dragon Faced pipe fish hunting Red Bugs! Cell phone, no filter.
image.jpg

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a problem with red bugs but the dragon faced pipe fish are so cool.... Does it eat prepared food?

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are awesome! What I like about them so much, is they are right at home in a high flow system such as a sps system. I think you will have no problems keeping a pair. They prefer to eat pods and such like a mandrin, the red bugs seem an after thought with them. I have noticed them eating prepared foods when feeding. I use Reef frenzy. If you have a decent amount of pods around, you should be fine. They are surprising easy to care for. The only thing you must watch for, is a high powered pump close to live rock. They like to climb all over the rock, and they can get sucked in. I have two vortechs at half speed, and a gyre at half speed, and they have no problems avoiding them. I ran into issues when I had the vortecs cranked on full speed, because my tank is tall and narrow, so the pumps were close to the rock work. I lost one this way. I fashioned some plastic 1/8 inch netting around the vortech, and that solved the problem. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, that efflo is taking forreever to color up. I wish I had a picture of my LFS show tank efflo, it is about the size of a dinner plate, and just stunning. He told me that is one of the reasons people skip over the frags in there tank, is because they brown out so easy, and take so long to regain their color. In blue light mine looks awesome, as you can see, mine is just starting to give hints of potential. My real favorite is that yellow guy in upper right corner!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back