Dragon Soul Favia with Blisters

  • Thread starter Thread starter eloehr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eloehr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
21
Location
Omaha
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what these blisters under the tissue could be or mean. Google wasn't much help.

Ph 8.2
SG 1.025
dKH 8.3
Ca 460
Mg 1450

20150526_194354.jpg

20150526_194405.jpg
 
Looks pretty healthy. I'd be surprised if it started to bleach. Have you tried target feeding at night?
 
Looks pretty healthy. I'd be surprised if it started to bleach. Have you tried target feeding at night?

I have been feeding Mysis every other night. Gonna be honest, it's my first Favia. I don't think it bleaching either. It is low on the frag rack, running a AI Prime, about 65% ttl output. Just did an Iodine dip based upon my local club forum. Looked better immediately, then after about 20 minutes, the blisters started to puff up again. Opinion on dips for it; Iodine, Bayer or Revive?
 
At night when the tentacles are fully extended try giving it a few mysis shrimp.
 
Well, the two mouths took food again last night. So it is eating well. I turned the Prime down 10% this morning just incase it is too much light. I am miffed b/c this frag tank setup has successfully grown out plenty of SPS and other LPS to put in my DT. Other than some physical damage to frags (my fault) I haven't lost any frags to the tank itself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new