A

Adam Eramo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch1.jpg
Torch 2.jpg

As you can see from the crumbier photo without the orange lens, its stinging my Duncan (which was my very first coral) and I just cant have that.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re selling to local reefers, I think 70$ a head would sell quick. Most anemones in shops are 100-300$ but I’ve never payed more than 60$ from another hobbyist for example

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch1.jpg
Torch 2.jpg

As you can see from the crumbier photo without the orange lens, its stinging my Duncan (which was my very first coral) and I just cant have that.
Is that actually 8 distinct heads that would pass the Gene Steratore test? Or is it more like 4 or 5 distinct heads that you would end up with if you took the garden shears to it?

OP
OP
A

Adam Eramo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that actually 8 distinct heads that would pass the Gene Steratore test? Or is it more like 4 or 5 distinct heads that you would end up with if you took the garden shears to it?
Great question, and an even better reference. It’s 6 distinct heads you could frag. 2 of them are larger heads, almost completely formed into two separate heads, but still a bit left to go in the splitting process

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, and an even better reference. It’s 6 distinct heads you could frag. 2 of them are larger heads, almost completely formed into two separate heads, but still a bit left to go in the splitting process

Given the tough situation with the torch stinging the duncan, and you are probably in a rush to sell I guess I would put it on craigslist or a local forum for $600 total or $120 individually. Maybe you can just chop off a few heads for more space and you don't have to sell the entire colony? Seems like a shame to get rid of the whole thing.

If no takers after a few days online then I would go to the fish store owner and tell him $500. I believe he would take that.

Wish you were able to move it to a better location in the tank and then you could hold out for the right prices. You know eventually you could find 6 people willing to go $150 per head.

OP
OP
A

Adam Eramo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the tough situation with the torch stinging the duncan, and you are probably in a rush to sell I guess I would put it on craigslist or a local forum for $600 total or $120 individually. Maybe you can just chop off a few heads for more space and you don't have to sell the entire colony? Seems like a shame to get rid of the whole thing.

If no takers after a few days online then I would go to the fish store owner and tell him $500. I believe he would take that.

Wish you were able to move it to a better location in the tank and then you could hold out for the right prices. You know eventually you could find 6 people willing to go $150 per head.
I appreciate the insight man. Maybe I even move the Duncan. I don’t know. It’s growing so well, when we bought it, it was one head become two, and in like 14 months it’s now almost 8. Maybe I’ll give this some more thought. I appreciate everyone’s help here

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the insight man. Maybe I even move the Duncan. I don’t know. It’s growing so well, when we bought it, it was one head become two, and in like 14 months it’s now almost 8. Maybe I’ll give this some more thought. I appreciate everyone’s help here
I hear you. They do grow fast in the right situation. I bought one head of the Indo variety a few months ago ($200) and am at 2 now, on my way to 4. A couple years from now it will be 8 just like you and I'll have to start chopping or moving.

RGC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wholesale pricing from numerous vendors have them from 90-125 a head . Store would expect to pay 180-250 per head. I sold 2 locally to reefers for 150 a head last month. a few months ago prob 120 a head, but if someone bought 2 plus, 100 a head seems the going rate

Attachments

• dragon soul.jpg
    dragon soul.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
Back