Dragon Soul Torch Dying

ZachAttack23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
14
Location
Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

anybody have an idea as to some potential reasons a few of my dragon soul torch heads are struggling? I don’t want this to happen to all of the heads
Water quality is good- 1.025, 425 calcium, 1350 mag, 8.5ish alk. Maybe a potential pest? Here’s a picture for reference. Thanks!
IMG_3706.jpeg
 
BJD.
Needs in tank cipro treatments

Search here. “ Experimenting with BJD”
Brown Jelly Disease.

Cipro works, other treatments are not reliable, Gl
 
What do other corals look like?
How long has the system run?
Maybe a full tank shot to provide some context.
 
What is your no3 and po4 full tank shot might help as well. Flow lighting etc?
I only have api to test for nitrates and it was undetectable last time I tested but it has been a while. I don’t have anything to test phosphate. 40 g breeder- 2 ai prime 16hd on brs settings and an ai Nero 3 at 1500 gph. I forgot to mention an octospawn coral is having a similar issue so it could be the brown jelly disease. I know the pic attached isn’t the best but maybe it’ll help haha. Thanks
IMG_3707.jpeg
 
I only have api to test for nitrates and it was undetectable last time I tested but it has been a while. I don’t have anything to test phosphate. 40 g breeder- 2 ai prime 16hd on brs settings and an ai Nero 3 at 1500 gph. I forgot to mention an octospawn coral is having a similar issue so it could be the brown jelly disease. I know the pic attached isn’t the best but maybe it’ll help haha. Thanks
IMG_3707.jpeg
The first picture shows Bjd doing its thing. More losses generally follow if you don’t treat the system
 
Also with low nutrients torches octos hammers will struggle. I always keep a close eye on the flesh band. I personally don’t see it looking like bjd. looks like it is dying though from starvation. Just my 2 cents.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new