Dragonface Pipefish Care?

Its the third I have. The first was doing very good for more than a month - suddenly a day - it did not show up. The next was excellent for a little more than a month - eat great but suddenly one day it was lying in the bottom with signs of some type of injures. It was badly hurt so I pick him/her up. The one I have now is going well - I can see him/her pick up food when I feeding but how know. All of mine have love my clams - lying in them and looking out

Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis-4.jpg


Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis.jpg

​
Let me put it this way - I´m not totally sure that my clams are innocent in this matter.

I had a banded pipefish (Doryrhamphus dactyliophorus for more than 3 years - a week after that my dragon was hurt - he/she was too and died. But the one that is smallest and seems to be most vulnerable - my bluestrip pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus excisus) just doing well

Sincerely Lasse
 
Its the third I have. The first was doing very good for more than a month - suddenly a day - it did not show up. The next was excellent for a little more than a month - eat great but suddenly one day it was lying in the bottom with signs of some type of injures. It was badly hurt so I pick him/her up. The one I have now is going well - I can see him/her pick up food when I feeding but how know. All of mine have love my clams - lying in them and looking out

Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis-4.jpg


Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis.jpg

​
Let me put it this way - I´m not totally sure that my clams are innocent in this matter.

I had a banded pipefish (Doryrhamphus dactyliophorus for more than 3 years - a week after that my dragon was hurt - he/she was too and died. But the one that is smallest and seems to be most vulnerable - my bluestrip pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus excisus) just doing well

Sincerely Lasse


ooohhh. You just said something that caught my interest with clams. I did observe that my pipe seem to be missing its snout and was laying near my new 7 in maxima clam that I added 3 days ago. I didn't even make the connection assuming that maybe a CUC got it it first. After your comment, I googled and some search result mentioned that they should not be kept with clams. .... Not sure if there's a connection here, but too coincidental with the addition of the clam, the missing snout and now a dead pipe. ??
 
My baby eats frozen and even pellets crushed into a powder between my fingers.
IMG_20191125_055837847.jpg
 
But I love my clams (and my pipefish too) - hard nut to crack as we say in Sweden :). But my clams seems to be used of the pipefish - they do not close as fast as they did before.

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new