Dragons breath in the display?

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did very well in my refugium on a skimmerless tank, then I just kept restocking the DT when the snails ate the last bunch.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the groeth rate? The 125 system will have only 1 tang, bit other fish that may eat it. I'm cool with them eating it, if it grows fast enough that they won't irraticate it quickly.

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the groeth rate? The 125 system will have only 1 tang, bit other fish that may eat it. I'm cool with them eating it, if it grows fast enough that they won't irraticate it quickly.
It grew quickly, about doubling in size every week or so, but it was taking up all the nutrients with no skimmer. If you want to keep it long term, keep nitrate elevated (>20 ppm) and keep some tumbling in your refugium. If you only put it in your DT, it won't last long.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some growing on a coral skeleton but it didn't last long in the display as my tang ate the whole thing down in a short period.

Have you thought about doing a algae scrubber??? I built one and I have zero nutrients in my tank. No phosphate, nitrate, nutta.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some growing on a coral skeleton but it didn't last long in the display as my tang ate the whole thing down in a short period.

Have you thought about doing a algae scrubber??? I built one and I have zero nutrients in my tank. No phosphate, nitrate, nutta.
In considering something like that. Ik going to go with a 100 gallon stock tub for a sump in the 125 so ill have room for lots of things.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back