New reefer only 6 months in

cthrasher

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
29
Location
Radford
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I'm Chris and I started my saltwater journey about 6 months ago. I bought the helloreef 15 gallon clownfish and anenome tank. My current stock is 2 clowns, a high finned red banded goby, 2 peppermint shrimp, a few trochus, astrea, bumblebee, nassarious snails, and a few hermits. I also have GSP on the back wall, a stylo and 2 encrusting monti's on my upper rock, quite a few heads of frogspawn, a single hammer, 2 duncans, quite a few purple and green trumpets, a toadstool leather, a rhodactis mushroom and 2 separate zoa gardens. I also have a small but growing piece of dragons breath. I've added several bottles of copepods as well.

I figured I'd introduce myself after lurking for a few months.

My duncans look upset in this pic because I just did maintenence on the tank.



20260803_172838.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new