OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity you runnin? Any white spectrum?
Recently added in 10% cool white. Helps a lot with seeing the fish colors and algae growths.
IMG_1475.jpeg

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! You are getting some awesome growth. My settings are similar, not the same results.

Love that Midas colony! Wasn’t a big fan in the past but they really pop in your tank.

Well done!

Hall Of Fame Game Nfl GIF

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! You are getting some awesome growth. My settings are similar, not the same results.

Love that Midas colony! Wasn’t a big fan in the past but they really pop in your tank.

Well done!

Hall Of Fame Game Nfl GIF
Thanks a lot! I’ve tried my best to keep things as consistent as I can so far. I get nervous every time I make a little change haha.

If you’re talking about the yellow zoas those ones were given to me as scrambled eggs. Maybe that’s why they look different than your king Midas!

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oregon tort settling in and starting to encrust the rock. Noticing better polyp extension as well. Phosphates have been holding steady around .07 and nitrates about 5ppm.

IMG_1573.jpeg

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I sadly had to rehome my clownfish to my pico tank at least for now. He had become extremely territorial and violent.

My purple fire fish has had its tail bitten down and the clown just won’t relent. Added a pink streak wrasse and after an hour of being in the tank the clown bit off its delicate tail. I love this clown but hate looking at my tank and seeing all my fish hurting cuz of it.

Not sure what I’ll do with him as this pico tank is only 4gs and not sure how it will do long term in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that tank is looking great. Goni is going to be super happy there!
Thanks a lot! Super stoked to pick up this Goni. Been looking for something affordable and multi color for awhile.

Met up with this local coral wholesaler today and he let me cruise around his facility. It was really cool.

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like I’m getting on top of the cyano. Siphoned the sand bed about a week ago and have seen very little cyano return.

I’ve been siphoning it out during my weekly water changes and have unavoidably sucked out a fair bit of sand.

IMG_1801.jpeg

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is completely gone now and the sand has been suspiciously white and polished looking haha. I don’t clean the sand at all.

Dino’s are coming back in small amounts. So far just on the toadstool polyps and power head. It seems like there is a continuous turf battle going on and I’m hoping it stabilizes soon.

I’m thinking of dosing silicates to encourage diatom growth but I need to research the topic first.

Nutrient levels are 10ppm no3 and .04 po4

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is completely gone now and the sand has been suspiciously white and polished looking haha. I don’t clean the sand at all.

Dino’s are coming back in small amounts. So far just on the toadstool polyps and power head. It seems like there is a continuous turf battle going on and I’m hoping it stabilizes soon.

I’m thinking of dosing silicates to encourage diatom growth but I need to research the topic first.

Nutrient levels are 10ppm no3 and .04 po4
Glad to see the cyano is gone!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back