Drew's Dry Never Die 3x3 Table Top Reef

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using real corals as art. When I first saw it I thought you were dipping the coral an Apoxsee and sealing it and killing it.... this is cool concept. And yeah my first coral is still alive in my tank my second coral and third coral and I fear their loss but I have frag them off

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of paint you use?
Well the wife is a big arts n crafts so had a bunch of paints just lying around. Just went over to Michaels and grabbed a cheap pack of UV neon colors and started mixing. Wasn't to worried in the beginning but might look into better paints for the future. Cheapos are working fine for now tho.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using real corals as art. When I first saw it I thought you were dipping the coral an Apoxsee and sealing it and killing it.... this is cool concept. And yeah my first coral is still alive in my tank my second coral and third coral and I fear their loss but I have frag them off

Ya turned into quite the idea. Not live coral tho lol I have tanks with water for those - only the fallen. It'll be great because I can be consistently adding but not losing anything. Swap them out like pieces. Good job fragging- always lame losing a coral.
Have some peeps hitting me up to donate large dead pieces to do and add so will turn out cool in the end.
I plan on developing it as I do my tanks and in the end will have a no room left packed reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back