Drilled my first hole not perfect circle concerns

  • Thread starter Thread starter maethuu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maethuu

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Messages
35
Reaction score
19
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I drilled my first hole on an aqueon 40g breeder for an eshopps overflow. There was a small chip on the inside of the tank therefore not a perfect or close to a perfect circle. Will this still work or did I mess up?

20231126_155957.jpg
 
Should be ok, the gasket is your friend here.
Ease up on fhe pressure when you are about to break thru to help avoid this.
 
yea definitely should be fine
 
You should be okay.
 
Thanks reefing friends. Although not perfect I have a good feeling I'll be okay. I'll use a better drill next time all I had was a household drill. I will be using schedule 40 pvc. I needed some reassurance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new