Drilling Tank

Bababooey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I was given an Oceanic 75 gal tank and stand. Looking to get back into the hobby after an 20 year absence and how things have changed. Need to have a tank drilled for and an external skimmer box and returns. Very skittish on drilling the tank, are there any local fish stores where I have have this done or anyone on the board that will do this for me. I don't mind paying to have this done, just don't want to mess this tank up.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really not that bad to do. Some LFS's will drill a tank. Make some calls around.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I was given an Oceanic 75 gal tank and stand. Looking to get back into the hobby after an 20 year absence and how things have changed. Need to have a tank drilled for and an external skimmer box and returns. Very skittish on drilling the tank, are there any local fish stores where I have have this done or anyone on the board that will do this for me. I don't mind paying to have this done, just don't want to mess this tank up.

Like flippers said, it’s really not that hard to do. Watch a couple YouTube videos, and try it out on a cheap tank. Once you’ve drilled a couple practice holes you’ll feel much more prepared and confident doing it yourself. If you still don’t feel good about it, then maybe you can look for someone else to do it for you.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard size hole to connect to the standard size plumbing...... all about that fa-fa-flow-high

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back