Drop your suggestions!!

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been debating on getting a skimmer (been running without one, but I can't seem to get my PO4 and NO3 under the best control), but I can't afford the most expensive models or brands. Im looking for a skimmer that is both effective and affordable if that's possible.
Tank size: 120g
Sump area: about 8"x10"
Need some suggestions!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a similar situation so I looked around and found a reliable manufacture and then kept my eye open on a local board and found a huge skimmer used from a guy who was exiting the hobby. It's been running steady for 5+ years.

Reef Octopus brand.

There have been a lot of new skimmers come out since then, but what I decided I wanted was a reliable pump, a cone skimmer, and external so I could get to it easier. You indicated you have an 8x10 inch area in your sump, how much head space? hth, gl!

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a similar situation so I looked around and found a reliable manufacture and then kept my eye open on a local board and found a huge skimmer used from a guy who was exiting the hobby. It's been running steady for 5+ years.

Reef Octopus brand.

There have been a lot of new skimmers come out since then, but what I decided I wanted was a reliable pump, a cone skimmer, and external so I could get to it easier. You indicated you have an 8x10 inch area in your sump, how much head space? hth, gl!
About 2 or more feet of head space. So that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Thanks for the input, I've heard alot about Reef Octopus so that will be something to look into!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back