Dropping In: How often do you visit your local fish store?

How often do you visit your local fish store?

  • Often - Weekly.

    Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Occasionally - Monthly.

    Votes: 65 33.0%
  • Rarely - Every few months.

    Votes: 39 19.8%
  • Only when I absolutely have to.

    Votes: 15 7.6%
  • I don't have a local fish store.

    Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 4 2.0%

  • Total voters
    197
Somewhere between rarely and don't have one.
Screenshot_20250206-194116.png


Of note Red's sells fresh water only. I checked.
 
Mine is on the way home from work/10 minutes from my house. It’s kind of a problem. I go at least once a week. There’s always something I’m out of or need… and then I see a coral/fish/invert I have to have. It’s a vicious cycle.
 
I go on my lunch breaks usually once a week to 2 different stores. So 2 times a week. It keeps me more interested in the hobby.
 
since the nearest 5 are in a different country, yeah.


So when you go, you stay for months? And bring out all the camping gear? Fire pit and all? Haha! :D
 
Last edited:
I used t visit the local store almost weekly basis. Now I only head there just to grab dry goods, otherwise I end up buying corals and fishes and it can get out of control haha..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new