Drs. Foster & Smith Shutting Down but LiveAquaria Will Remain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drs. Foster & Smith has been one of the major players in mail order pet supplies for over two decades, and the reef aquarium hobby has grown quite fond of their livestock division, LiveAquaria. Just a few short years ago back in 2016 Petco purchased Drs. Foster & Smith, including LiveAquaria and has largely left […]

Continue reading...

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate this, they've always been one of the best places to go for our 4 legged family, we have 5 dogs and 1 cat lol, not too mention the 5 tanks running, feel sorry for the employees, sure will miss them:(

mjk250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can guarantee they eliminated more mom and pop store jobs and businesses in their tenure than them closing will effect now. Call me cold, but Good Riddance and don't let the door hit'ya where the good lord split'ya

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the aquarium trade aprox 42 yrs, most of the "mom and pop "I've seen close was due mostly location, attitude, poor maintenance. I'm pretty tight with my lfs,he'll clearly tell you that there's not much money if you're in the wrong location, he's struggling, and bends over backwards to make you happy

MikeCizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a feeling something was going to happen. They had a lot of good things on clearance. I also noticed they where eliminating a lot of Reef supplies. Their sales plus coupons where great. That absolutely sucks!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back