Dry erase markers on tank?

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my 3 year old daughter spontaneously decided to put stickers all over my display tank. They were ocean themed stickers, so I suppose it made sense…. And they are the foam temporary ones, so no harm done. But this gave me an idea - could I get some colorful dry erase markers and let her go to town from time to time as a fun activity? Anything that makes her take an interest in the tank is a win in my book.

Any reason this would be an issue? She can’t reach the water line so no danger of dropping things into the tank.

IMG_4202.jpeg
 
I use dry erase markers to write the date of my water change on the glass. There are some inexpensive and neon colored ones on amazon.
 
I use neon sharpie chalk markers. Scrape or wipe off with water I don't draw pictures though. Just track parameters and post lofty prices for undersized fresh frags.

1000006540.jpg



Probably any brand of chalk marker. Dude aboves brand has way more colors.

Scraping is easier than wiping with water or Windex. But the scrapings will float and land in your tank. I use a misting bottle to moisten the chalk before I scrape so that doesn't happen.
 
I use dry erase markers to write the date of my water change on the glass. There are some inexpensive and neon colored ones on amazon.
That is not a bad idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new