Dry rock and zeovit

Rob62391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this is the right spot for this question, its not specifically a zeovit question. Anyway I plan on starting a zeovit system and it says to use live rock. I like the idea of dry rock so I ordered some marco shelf rock. 1, does anyone have any experience starting a zeo system using dry rock, and 2, i'm assuming that "curing" the rock before putting it into the tank and starting the 14 day zeovit cycle would be the smart thing to do? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this?

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I was wondering how KZ solves this problem.

OP
OP
R

Rob62391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, I actually went with the marcorock from brs. I soaked it in r.o. water for a week then I put it in a brute can and used the dr tims bacteria and ammonia to give the rock at least some sort of bacterial cycle. let it sit in there for close to a month and just put it in the tank and got it going this weekend. Now i'm having an issue with my neptune auto top off, one that I had from day one on my last set up. i'm actually going to look for a thread on that and see if I cant figure it out.

tank .jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back