OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight is the first time Wrinkles the eel has eaten since the tank transfer. I was getting worried as he always had such a strong feeding response and then nothing at all. He was chasing fish food in the water so I offered a piece of shrimp and he took it :)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta tell ya, every time I see you post something for sale on here, it makes me a little sad.
Don’t be sad! It’s just a transitional period :) I have been on here a bit less lately due to the circumstances and other life issues. I assure you.... There will be a bigger tank coming. I’ve got my IM Nuvo 20g up and running again as well. I’ve been transferring a few corals here and there.

67E62046-7412-402D-8EC1-239128BF1BCB.jpeg

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everything is doing ok bud... in life and in the tank. Hope to see ya back soon with nothing but unicorns and rainbows. :)
My wife is beginning to complain of the tank mess on our living room and dining room. I don’t blame her, it’s a disaster. I’ve got to get it all sold and cleaned up so I can focus on how to do the next build. I’ve got so many half finished tasks around the house :p

At some point in my 125s life I had introduced ich and it’s been living in my system undetected...until now. So I’m in the process of finishing moving all corals from the live rock to my 20g nuvo. Then I’ll move liverock to a tub with heater and power head. Then I’ll add some PVC hides and start copper...

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is beginning to complain of the tank mess on our living room and dining room. I don’t blame her, it’s a disaster. I’ve got to get it all sold and cleaned up so I can focus on how to do the next build. I’ve got so many half finished tasks around the house :p

At some point in my 125s life I had introduced ich and it’s been living in my system undetected...until now. So I’m in the process of finishing moving all corals from the live rock to my 20g nuvo. Then I’ll move liverock to a tub with heater and power head. Then I’ll add some PVC hides and start copper...
Ugh. God must love you, brother. He wants you well tested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. God must live you, brother. He wants you well tested.
Right? ;)

I’m doing alright. I’m really trying to not stress over it too much. I do need to focus on the living room more. The drained 125 is sitting on the stand by a different wall with tools and boards and buckets all about. My issue is that I don’t have a garage and can’t afford a shed right now o_O So I don’t have a lot of space to store everything.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t judge the dirty glass :rolleyes: it’s a proof of life! I do still have a tank. Wrinkles went on a feeding fast for a month after the initial transfer but is now eating every other day. The tangs go through several nori sheets a day.

The ich which showed itself after the transfer has been suppressed again. It ran through quick and unfortunately took my clowns, Royal grammas, and watanabei.

Not much other progress as of lately. My wife is on me constantly about getting the empty 125 out of the house...

7137079A-CA14-44A6-A604-7798D1968B5C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t judge the dirty glass :rolleyes: it’s a proof of life! I do still have a tank. Wrinkles went on a feeding fast for a month after the initial transfer but is now eating every other day. The tangs go through several nori sheets a day.

The ich which showed itself after the transfer has been suppressed again. It ran through quick and unfortunately took my clowns, Royal grammas, and watanabei.

Not much other progress as of lately. My wife is on me constantly about getting the empty 125 out of the house...

7137079A-CA14-44A6-A604-7798D1968B5C.jpeg

Please tell me the clowns wiped out by disease weren’t the leopard clowns.:(

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me the clowns wiped out by disease weren’t the leopard clowns.:(
Thankfully not! They are in their own 20g tank and underwent cupramine treatment. Healthy and fat :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thankfully not! They are in their own 20g tank and underwent cupramine treatment. Healthy and fat :)

**whew**

Good news!!! That is an amazing pair of fish!

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angry wife = reefing strife!

If I lived closer I'd come snag the 125 for ya.. they sell fast on fb market groups up here.
Got that right :p

What’s an average price for one? Stand needs some love since I demo’d it off my wall. Maybe I’ll list it at $150 or is that too high for one. Ive got no clue o_O though it doesn’t matter much if no interest near me.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got that right :p

What’s an average price for one? Stand needs some love since I demo’d it off my wall. Maybe I’ll list it at $150 or is that too high for one. Ive got no clue o_O though it doesn’t matter much if no interest near me.

Your in a much hotter spot for reefing, which would drive the price down I'd imagine due to sheer numbers.... But for ur setup at least 300 up here. I've seen nice ones with new seals sell for upwards of 500.

Your woodtrim is beautiful, and white is popular thanks to red sea.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time with no updates :eek:

I’ve got the rest of the coral and anemones moved up to the 20g. Pulled out all algae infested rock and replaced with PVC pieces. The eel was not too happy with them at first. Running copper up slowly.

I almost forgot to pull my cleaner shrimp, but he is safely in the 20g now as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back