Dsuny leds replacing leds

Saltdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Dsuny leds. I was wanting to know if anyone has replaced leds in these lights? The ones in question are the 4 silver boxes. The 2 strip leds are not in use anymore and are not on the tank. The diagonal strips in between the lights are for moon light. Wanting to know if this is something I can do, or am I just going to have to replace the hole fixture. Thank you.

Screenshot_20231212-211724.png

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Dsuny leds. I was wanting to know if anyone has replaced leds in these lights? The ones in question are the 4 silver boxes. The 2 strip leds are not in use anymore and are not on the tank. The diagonal strips in between the lights are for moon light. Wanting to know if this is something I can do, or am I just going to have to replace the hole fixture. Thank you.

Screenshot_20231212-211724.png
These are most likely Bridgelux/EPILED/EPISTAR 3W leds that are sold on ebay. Open one of LED's front cover and take a picture of the LEDs to see how they are wired and and also how they are attached to the heatsink. Most likly glued - and wired in series.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back