DT Water Level Creep in Red Sea Tank

jkobel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant really figure out whats happening and its super subtle but over the last 2 years of owning this tank (and specifically the last 9 months or so since it really matured) I have noticed that the DT water level has subtlety increased by about .3 inches. I check and clean the tuning valve below and its never clogged or even really dirty.

My last tank was about 10 years old and I never noticed the water level raise except once i let some algae gather at the screen around the overflow.

I clean the screens now regularly and everything seems fine but this water level continuing to raise is a concern. Return pump speed has not changed.

This is a RSR 625XXL

Wondering if there is something about these tanks to look out for regarding build up in the plumbing or with that built in valve

any ideas?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant really figure out whats happening and its super subtle but over the last 2 years of owning this tank (and specifically the last 9 months or so since it really matured) I have noticed that the DT water level has subtlety increased by about .3 inches. I check and clean the tuning valve below and its never clogged or even really dirty.

My last tank was about 10 years old and I never noticed the water level raise except once i let some algae gather at the screen around the overflow.

I clean the screens now regularly and everything seems fine but this water level continuing to raise is a concern. Return pump speed has not changed.

This is a RSR 625XXL

Wondering if there is something about these tanks to look out for regarding build up in the plumbing or with that built in valve

any ideas?

Suggest taking your pump and running it for an hour in 5g bucket with some citric acid... ratio to use is on your powdered citric acid container.

WOW things really change after that... It is part of our annual maintenance... and that bucket is super ICKY in first few mins, but let it go an hour...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back