DUAL DEIONIZATION CANISTER

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neo Jeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2017
Messages
2,475
Reaction score
2,858
Location
East Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is is necessary to have 2 DI canisters on my RO system? or just 1 will work? I have 1 now been running for almost 6 months. Im now getting a reading of 1ppm so im assuming my DI is going bad. I cant see it and I was thinking of getting the DUAL DEIONIZATION CANISTER WITH DM-1 DUAL TDS METER for $90 from BRS.
 
I started out with one DI canister and switched to two. Its nice because as one canister starts to get near depletion, the second one kicks in and takes over so you never get that slow TDS creep up. I then put them on a rotation. So when the primary one is almost depleted, i'll take the secondary one and put it in the primary spot, and refill the one that was primary and put it in the secondary spot. And keep that rotation going :)
 
I you want to make absolutely sure your water is pure run dual DI filters or more.. the biggest problem with one unit is as the resin gets used up impurities can start passing through and at the end of its life it may start releasing large amounts of impurities back into the water, with the second or third canister in line you always have fresh resin for optimum water quality.
 
You can get by with one canister. I have two. That way, I can fully deplete the first canister and the second canister will insure that the water is 0 tds.
 
I'll get 2 of them ;)

Thanks for the help every one!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new