Duetto ATO Paired With Smart Plug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harry g
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harry g

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2025
Messages
283
Reaction score
71
Location
Millstadt il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody,

I recently just bought a Duetto ATO, and I want to start using it ASAP, but my worry about it is that it will overfill and kill everything, would it be reasonable to use a smart plug that only allows power to it for a couple minutes a day, just to make sure it doesn’t overflow? Or is this a bad idea for the electronics or for other reasons? What else can I do to add fail safes to the system? I should also note that I bought it used and it’s not the Duetto 2 it’s the first version.

TYIA!
 
I think you have to set the run time or something for it during initial set up by filling the water level just below the sensor then plug it in and let it fill up. I THINK. That’s my understanding and I could be wrong. I have the 2. Is it a small tank?
 
I think you have to set the run time or something for it during initial set up by filling the water level just below the sensor then plug it in and let it fill up. I THINK. That’s my understanding and I could be wrong. I have the 2. Is it a small tank?
20gallon high, with no sump, so pretty small water volume.
 
I’d be more worried about how you’re going to prevent the sensor from going off from livestock and surface agitation
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new