Duncan coral disappeared

  • Thread starter Thread starter BaraBlu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BaraBlu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a double head Duncan in my tank for about a week or two and it's been fine. Both heads open and such, last night I did my weekly water change as norm and they were both still there. It's the afternoon of the next day and when I look at my tank one is completely sunk in and gone? All that's left is one still open and the other is like it was eaten or something. Any thoughts? The only fish I have in my tank are two clowns, pistol/goby, Mandarin dragonet and a cleaner shrimp. I've seen some things on cleaners but mine hasn't learned about corals yet with bullying them, at least I think...

PXL_20240821_225149746.jpg
 
I've had a double head Duncan in my tank for about a week or two and it's been fine. Both heads open and such, last night I did my weekly water change as norm and they were both still there. It's the afternoon of the next day and when I look at my tank one is completely sunk in and gone? All that's left is one still open and the other is like it was eaten or something. Any thoughts? The only fish I have in my tank are two clowns, pistol/goby, Mandarin dragonet and a cleaner shrimp. I've seen some things on cleaners but mine hasn't learned about corals yet with bullying them, at least I think...

PXL_20240821_225149746.jpg
Oh just found something from looking at it, the fleshy part of the Duncan was ripped out of the skeleton now holding on barely on the side. Still don't know what happened to it though
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240821_231913278.jpg
    PXL_20240821_231913278.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 58

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new