Duncan coral losing heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mattj815
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mattj815

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2017
Messages
147
Reaction score
98
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my duncan was one of my first frags I ever got and has always done great.

Recently it started to just lose heads. Like literally shrivel up and just either disappear or fall off?? I recently let my nitrates get high and have been working on getting them down thru wc's. Other than that I cant think of anything that has changed.

Anyone have any ideas? Or ideas of what I should do going forward? Vut off the infected heads etc?

I attached a pic of what its looking like.
20190214_202329.jpg
 
What's your water pramameters?

I shouldve known to check before posting. I hate to say, Ive just been so busy latley ive neglected my tank a little the past month. I will run a full test tomorrow and report back with params.

I will say though its been interesting seeing the changes occur while slacking on upkeep. Some things have never looked better and some are taking a turn for the worse. Cant keep everyone happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new