Duncan not opening after being awsome

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a small duncan colony a couple weeks ago opened up fine everything was great full polyp extension color was great every thing awsome fast forward to yesterday left for work everything fine came home and all the heads were completely closed no clue why tested all parameters and nothing had changed I also noticed my zoa colonies I just added were closed up as well when that morning they had been coming out (just added 2 days prior) not sure what the problem is only thing I can think is stuff I changed recently same day I added zoas I started my torq reactor with carbon and I seeded my tank with copepods and started to add phytoplankton ocean magic from algae barn any thoughts/ help would be great this pic is from one day before it closed up dont know what to do help please

20210823_144454.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There could be a lot of reasons you're seeing this.
But, you did say that this all happened when you made a bunch of changes: started running carbon, added pods, added phyto. My guess is that they probably caught some of the pods/phyto and are reacting to it.
I say give it a day and see what happens. Duncans and zoas are extremely hardy.

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There could be a lot of reasons you're seeing this.
But, you did say that this all happened when you made a bunch of changes: started running carbon, added pods, added phyto. My guess is that they probably caught some of the pods/phyto and are reacting to it.
I say give it a day and see what happens. Duncans and zoas are extremely hardy.
Will do thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proper parameters and stability go hand and hand.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it’s probably just because of all the new stuff you have added to the tank.

I’ve also noticed my Duncan’s and zoas close up when they are growing new heads.

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it’s probably just because of all the new stuff you have added to the tank.

I’ve also noticed my Duncan’s and zoas close up when they are growing new heads.
just wanted to let you know you hit it on the head woke up this morning and poof 2 New heads thanks for the heads up

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they come in all shapes and sizes, even colors. Seen white, green , bluish, purple. But they all grow fast if given proper conditions. Fun coral to have around.

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they come in all shapes and sizes, even colors. Seen white, green , bluish, purple. But they all grow fast if given proper conditions. Fun coral to have around.
yea small duncan 8 full heads and 2 New ones

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back