Duncan Questions

MrMorningstar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Messages
51
Reaction score
40
Location
East Sussex
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a Duncan,

What does everyone think of the spot.

Will it be happy there?

Also can someone suggest some corals for the higher area of my tank as at the moment it’s all very one sided.

Many thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg
 
What kind of lighting is it getting? Judging by the open zoas on the sand bed I'd say it should be fine. My duncans sit in different flows and PAR levels happily. They just need consistency and time to adjust.

Up top you could do a number of things. Monti caps, psammocora both like lots of light.
 
What kind of lighting is it getting? Judging by the open zoas on the sand bed I'd say it should be fine. My duncans sit in different flows and PAR levels happily. They just need consistency and time to adjust.

Up top you could do a number of things. Monti caps, psammocora both like lots of light.
Thanks for the reply and a little reassurance I am going to look up those corals for the higher places!
 
I would move it up higher in more light and more flow. I'm sorry to say it but it doesn't look very good, its very receded.
 
I would move it up higher in more light and more flow. I'm sorry to say it but it doesn't look very good, its very receded.

I should have explained ha, it’s just been put into tank after dipping. At time of photo it had been in tank for less than 5 mins.
 
Thought I’d add an update,

It’s been a good few hours since I added it to tank and the duncster is on his way out.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 29

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new