Duncan Tips

Sheppard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on keeping a Duncan? Mine is not doing so hot. I moved it to a newer tank I set up with a different light. Are they known for being picky on spectrum?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tips:

duncans are the #1 coral where polyp behavior doesn't indicate anything about the system, look at other corals to tell. Ive had mine close up for a month, then reopen, numerous times and all other corals were fine. It looked diseased, it wasn't, they're crazy that's all. What they do with polyps must align with some other planet's moon cuz it means nothing here

fastest growing LPS when directly fed. blenderize some Mysis and shoot it into the polyps a few times a week, sustain for 4 mos to get many more heads

don't dip them in stuff as a treatment for seeming ails...just put em in a known fine setup, await their normal behavior and feed em well

watch for that flesh below the polyp, which should be growing down towards the skeleton and not receding back up towards the polyp, feed more if this is happening. That tissue mass over the longer term is a better gauge than what the polyp does day to day.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back