Duncan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cdime712
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My Duncan does this when I over feed it. The last time I overfed it, it actually spit out a ball of mysis and literally deflated itself for 3 days. Looked like it’s tentacles were balloons with no air in them. I actually only feed it directly once a week nowadays and that seems to keep it from getting too upset with me.

Believe it or not, my duncan is the biggest drama queen of all the corals in my tank, aside from my bubble coral.
Lol thank you for the info
 
My Duncan does this when I over feed it. The last time I overfed it, it actually spit out a ball of mysis and literally deflated itself for 3 days. Looked like it’s tentacles were balloons with no air in them. I actually only feed it directly once a week nowadays and that seems to keep it from getting too upset with me.

Believe it or not, my duncan is the biggest drama queen of all the corals in my tank, aside from my bubble coral.
I agree with the drama queen part, mine is the canary in the coal mine. anytime phosphates start to creep on the higher side it closes. Done this since day 1
 
More nitrate and less phosphates... I have colonies that exhibit the same behavior. I have some that do this when nitrates bottom out and others that alert me to phosphates being high. For mine, tentacle length varies with flow.
 
I agree with the drama queen part, mine is the canary in the coal mine. anytime phosphates start to creep on the higher side it closes. Done this since day 1
Thank you for this I feel better !
 
More nitrate and less phosphates... I have colonies that exhibit the same behavior. I have some that do this when nitrates bottom out and others that alert me to phosphates being high. For mine, tentacle length varies with flow.
Thank you for this ..
 
I agree with the drama queen part, mine is the canary in the coal mine. anytime phosphates start to creep on the higher side it closes. Done this since day 1
I am not even joking, I use mine the same way, hahaha. I can always tell when It’s about time for a top off or a water change once my trusty Duncan says so ;)
 
I am not even joking, I use mine the same way, hahaha. I can always tell when It’s about time for a top off or a water change once my trusty Duncan says so ;)
if a duncan or any other corals are reacting to high salinity because you havent topped off yet, you waited way too long to top off. Probably best to buy an ato
 
I
if a duncan or any other corals are reacting to high salinity because you havent topped off yet, you waited way too long to top off. Probably best to buy an ato
I have an ATO for my display, my Duncan is in my quarantine tank at the moment. It’s a little 5-gallon, so if I don’t top it off every night the water level drops slightly. I don’t think SG has ever gone above 1.026 in that tank and I keep it at 1.025.... just my Duncan being hyper sensitive is all. None of the other corals ever seem bothered :)
 
Seachem flourishes would raise your po4 and you already have them high, what you have to raise are the no3.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new