Duncans

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmtopaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmtopaz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
Location
Jefferson City
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this new Duncan colony a few days ago and it looks really healthy! I'm a little worried after putting it close to my other younger Duncan frag that it hasn't opened. Should I move the smaller Duncan closer to another very similar Duncan frag I have or just separate them a bit more?
8dfe44ff-7470-4a97-abfb-c9a18299e547.jpg
 
I keep several duncan's next to each other, and often touching. I haven't experienced any aggression between them. I would lean more towards this being another issue, rather than agression. You recently moved it to this location so it also could be the stress of being moved, or lighting changes as well.

Observe it at night as well, thans when I best spot aggression.
 
When you figure out the "calculus" behind Duncans and their behavior with respect to being open (or closed) let the rest of us know!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new