Duo zoas island?

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm a new reefer with a IM 15g cube. I'm currently doing rock scape for the tank and was thinking about the corals and I remember zoas is best to have it on a rock island.

My thing is that I don't want one zoa on the island, it would boring with just one colour type. So I was wondering if it alright to have 2 different single zoas on the island and hope it grow around the island and not one half is one type and the other half is the other zoa

Also how do I know which zoas can play friendly with each other? Lol

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm a new reefer with a IM 15g cube. I'm currently doing rock scape for the tank and was thinking about the corals and I remember zoas is best to have it on a rock island.

My thing is that I don't want one zoa on the island, it would boring with just one colour type. So I was wondering if it alright to have 2 different single zoas on the island and hope it grow around the island and not one half is one type and the other half is the other zoa

Mostly all zoas are compatible with eachother just keep in mind some grow faster and may smother the slow growers to death eventually.

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but this is why I glue Zoas to the back wall, nothing but their own prime real estate to take over completely.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly all zoas are compatible with eachother just keep in mind some grow faster and may smother the slow growers to death eventually.
Basically find same growth zoas to pair up
Yes, but this is why I glue Zoas to the back wall, nothing but their own prime real estate to take over completely.
Interesting ... never seen that ... usually pulsing or gsp on thr backwall

But I would like to keep the back wall clean

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically find same growth zoas to pair up

Interesting ... never seen that ... usually pulsing or gsp on thr backwall

But I would like to keep the back wall clean
Hopefully when it fills out, I can post some pics of my back wall in detail, not a very common placement.

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah it not... what kind of zoas you got on the wall
I have 5 different ones/colors. Favorite being orange tangerine! AIO Zoas looks like they might be the most abundant on the back wall, they are multiplying quickly, though blue and yellow with a splash of orange sound pretty good to me as well.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally all common Zoanthids and Paly's can touch. Its the protopaly's that can make a tank upset because when you move them they slime up super bad and thay stuff is terrible.

I had the slime from a Purple Death frag touch a Acan frag,and that head was gone the next day.

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 different ones/colors. Favorite being orange tangerine! AIO Zoas looks like they might be the most abundant on the back wall, they are multiplying quickly, though blue and yellow with a splash of orange sound pretty good to me as well.
Need pics!

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally all common Zoanthids and Paly's can touch. Its the protopaly's that can make a tank upset because when you move them they slime up super bad and thay stuff is terrible.

I had the slime from a Purple Death frag touch a Acan frag,and that head was gone the next day.
Eww on slime lol ...

Is there a source link for knowing which are common zoas and paly ?

Reynolds6pack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of this back wall

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had all sorts of different zoas growing together. They don't actively kill each other with stings so much as try to get the most territory and light. The larger faster growing polyps tend to shade out the smaller or slower growing ones. However you can get in and trim back the dominant strains to curate the garden however you want.

20220117_151346.jpg

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To put it this way,the only polyps I woukdn't put with any other polyps would be: Captain America,Beauty and the Beast,Purple Death,Nuclear Green,Grandis all are Protopaly's I believe and their slime is nasty to other corals.

Literally all other zoa's and paly's I would feel comfortable letting touch eachother.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Here’s mine, but Google zoa gardens and you will see better ones than mine or check out ian on YouTube, Im jealous.
FAB67DC2-E756-4B54-AF08-CEF9CDE68E7E.jpeg

Back