Durham area free toadstool frags (also would love to meet local reefers)

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I think it's no surprise to people who have been doing this for awhile that we're in a bit of a reef dark age here in Central NC. Was hoping to meet some new local reefers. Miss that aspect of the hobby. Also, I have a toadstool coral that keeps having babies. I'd be glad to hand off free frags to people who reach out until I'm out. The reef farm is also doing an event in February that is worth going to if anyone is looking for a cool swap in the area this year. Pic of toadstool attached.
1000004317.jpg

jonnySim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I think it's no surprise to people who have been doing this for awhile that we're in a bit of a reef dark age here in Central NC. Was hoping to meet some new local reefers. Miss that aspect of the hobby. Also, I have a toadstool coral that keeps having babies. I'd be glad to hand off free frags to people who reach out until I'm out. The reef farm is also doing an event in February that is worth going to if anyone is looking for a cool swap in the area this year. Pic of toadstool attached.
1000004317.jpg
Hey very new to the hobby I just bought a 75g currently fish only tank off ebay as my first dip into the salt water life. What is the Reef Farm? We live in Morrisville and may be interested in taking you op on some of your frags once I get some of the lights and bit more comfortable with everything. Currently relying on advice from the guys at the fish room until I recently found this forum.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey very new to the hobby I just bought a 75g currently fish only tank off ebay as my first dip into the salt water life. What is the Reef Farm? We live in Morrisville and may be interested in taking you op on some of your frags once I get some of the lights and bit more comfortable with everything. Currently relying on advice from the guys at the fish room until I recently found this forum.
The reef farm used to be a hobbyist owned shop that was open to the public in Wake Forest. It is now a wholesaler that is only open to the public a few days a year.

I'd be more interested in getting advice from the 2 dudes who run Fintastic in Raleigh than the fish room personally. I've had better experiences with them than the fish room, but if you talk to the right person at the fish room you can get good advice. The fish room is more lax on making sure you make safe and likely to succeed choices generally, but if you run their advice through that filter I'd be happy with it.

Let me know once you're ready for coral in like 3 or 4 months with some stability. Toadstools are very easy as far as soft coral so a good barometer for if you're ready for coral. I'm also happy to help if you ever have questions. One of my toadstool babies is probably 3-4 inches across full open and I'd be happy to give it to you in a few months once you feel your parameters are stable.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back