Dwarf angel and coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
785
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching dwarf angelfish, because I might want one some day. What I've gathered is most often angels won't touch coral if they're well fed. Is this assumption incorrect? Or is it still a 50/50 chance they will eat my coral?
I'm still researching them and it's going to be awhile before I add one to my aquarium.
I have one toadstool, but I find fish more interesting than coral.
 
I’ve personally never tried but I’ve heard getting them small is less of a chance of them nipping. Some say Coral Beauty's are the most “reef safe” but honestly when it comes to any angel it really depends on the fish
 
I’ve personally never tried but I’ve heard getting them small is less of a chance of them nipping. Some say Coral Beauty's rarely nip but honestly when it comes to any angels it really depends on the fish
If I had to pick one today I'd get a lemon peel angel. They are quite striking.
 
I’ve had multiple coral beauties and flames and I’ve never seen one touch a coral.
 
Toadstools and leathers are probably safe. It's the SPS and LPS polyps that dwarf angels naturally nip at.

And possibly Zoanthids?
 
It all boils down to the individual fish.
This is correct. Some will only nibble while others will feast. As the individual gets older it might change it feeding habits.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new