Dwarf angel tank?

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube that’s just sitting around doing nothing. I’ve always wanted a FOWLR tank. My only hesitation is that 60 gallons isn’t much space and certainly not enough for large angels or tangs. That got me thinking.... has anyone ever set up a dedicated small angel tank? It would be fun to have a flame, coral beauty, half black, etc in one tank. Can it be done?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarfs are HIDERS so I would NOT put a whole lot of LR in there that has hiding spots.... you'll hardly ever see them if they're hiding among LR most of the time.

The LR you put in there, make a TIGHT pile with little to no spaces for fish to wiggle into. This will force them to swim around outside the LR pile.

As far as; how many? Compatibility? Will they get along as a community? It's hard to say bc I've never tried it.

I suppose it's like Tangs. You can put 3 similiar "cousin" species Tangs in together and all 3 will school together. But sometimes the 3 will attack each other nipping each others tailfin into tiny shreds.

Fish compatibility is a complete MYSTERY most of the time if it'll work or not.

In all my forum reading I know this: if you add similar species fish, do it ALL AT ONCE so EVERYONE is new to the tank all at the same time.

If you add a similar species after a few fish have already established the tank, it's going to be a lot harder for that new fish to be "accepted ".

Just my thoughts...

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back