Dwarf Angels -Which has Best Temperament ?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which dwarf angel has the best disposition? I'm interested which dwarf angel/angels are both peaceful and not reclusive.
Thanks!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the best experiences with Coral Beauty, Eibli, Half Black, Black Nox, Tibicen, Potter's (although Potter's aren't the hardiest.)

I seem to have aggression issues more time than not with: Lemonpeel, Bicolor, Flameback and all the Pygmy angels after a few years.

Flame & Fisher's Angels seem to be hit or miss when it comes to aggression. o_O

Obviously, the bigger DT you put them in, the less likely you are to experience aggression from them.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the best experiences with Coral Beauty, Eibli, Half Black, Black Nox, Tibicen, Potter's (although Potter's aren't the hardiest.)

I seem to have aggression issues more time than not with: Lemonpeel, Bicolor, Flameback and all the Pygmy angels after a few years.

Flame & Fisher's Angels seem to be hit or miss when it comes to aggression. o_O

Obviously, the bigger DT you put them in, the less likely you are to experience aggression from them.
Thanks!! I have a 300 gal. I would like to add 1 more fish for color. I keep hesitating because my current fish get along well.
Blonde Naso
Zebrasoma tang
Whitetail Bristletooth
Yellow Flanked Wrasse
Borbonius Anthias
Bartlett Anthias
Pajama and Bangaii Cardinals
2 gobies, jawfish and a spotted mandarin

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add a Coral Beauty to start. Nice royal blue, with iridescent orange in the middle. They are also the least likely to nip at corals IME.

Elle22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flameback angel and while I adore him, he's mean. Great color and an interesting fish, but aggressive for sure.

I added an orchid dottyback, and he is managing to BULLY an orchid dottyback. They're mostly cool now though.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flameback angel and while I adore him, he's mean. Great color and an interesting fish, but aggressive for sure.

FWIW; the Brazilian Fireballs (Centropyge aurantonotus) I've owned have been less aggressive and more reef safe than the African Flameback (Centropyge acanthops).

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW; the Brazilian Fireballs (Centropyge aurantonotus) I've owned have been less aggressive and more reef safe than the African Flameback (Centropyge acanthops).
I agree with this

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back