Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish in a 55gal

Aiden Graves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered a Dwarf Fuzzy and am currently waiting for it in the mail. My current tank is a 55 gallon stocked with: 1Maroon Clown, 1Purple Dottyback, 1Sixline Wrasse, and 1Eibli Dwarf Angel. I also have a small cleanup crew consisting of five assorted hermits and a small population of nassarious vibes snails. The tank has plenty of open swimming space as well as two live rock territories. Is the dwarf lion a good addition to this tank, or did I just make a risky purchase?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dottyback and the sixline may become a meal, depending of their size and the size of the lion. Those 2 would normally not be good choices to keep with a dwarf lion, at some point they could likely become a meal. The maroon clown and elibi are good tank mates.

OP
OP
Aiden Graves

Aiden Graves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the reply. I have a quarantine tank as well as breeder boxes that can be used if I determine that the lion fish is at a size that would harm my other fish. As for feeding it I’m going to start with ghost shrimp and frozen shrimp a few times a week on and off live foods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back