Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish in a 55gal

Aiden Graves

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
31
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered a Dwarf Fuzzy and am currently waiting for it in the mail. My current tank is a 55 gallon stocked with: 1Maroon Clown, 1Purple Dottyback, 1Sixline Wrasse, and 1Eibli Dwarf Angel. I also have a small cleanup crew consisting of five assorted hermits and a small population of nassarious vibes snails. The tank has plenty of open swimming space as well as two live rock territories. Is the dwarf lion a good addition to this tank, or did I just make a risky purchase?
 
The dottyback and the sixline may become a meal, depending of their size and the size of the lion. Those 2 would normally not be good choices to keep with a dwarf lion, at some point they could likely become a meal. The maroon clown and elibi are good tank mates.
 
Ok thanks for the reply. I have a quarantine tank as well as breeder boxes that can be used if I determine that the lion fish is at a size that would harm my other fish. As for feeding it I’m going to start with ghost shrimp and frozen shrimp a few times a week on and off live foods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new