New Fuzzy Dwarf Lion not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter hers0109
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hers0109

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2023
Messages
124
Reaction score
41
Location
El Dorado Hills
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up a small, fuzzy dwarf lionfish from my LFS on Friday, still in the bag from the wholesaler. It hasn’t eaten despite trying krill, mysis, and live ghost shrimp. I started metro/prazi yesterday per @lion king. Any suggestions?

Appears healthy, swimming more today than yesterday. I do question if it’s blind. It’s easy to catch and doesn’t even flinch until I’ll touch it with tongs. Also bumps into stuff as it swims. I have it in an observation tank by itself
 
Last edited:
IMG_1086.jpeg
 
Any update? Beautiful lionfish.
 
Can you get a better pic of the eyes? They seem very black and I did not notice a pupil.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new