Dwarf Lionfish With Smaller Fish

saltwaterlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m making my fish list rn and I am gonna get a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish but I also want other fish and I’m not entirely sure what the limit of size should be. (as in small) I know it’s nothing that it can fit in it’s mouth but how many inch size fish would people say a Lionfish would be ok with? 2”? 3”? 4”?

Would any of those sizes be ok? I know dwarfs are small at first and get bigger but I rlly want a lion and other fish [emoji848]

I’d be adding all the fish first so they know there hiding spots and areas but idk if that makes any difference with Fuzzy Lionfish [emoji88][emoji23]

Thanks [emoji13]

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m making my fish list rn and I am gonna get a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish but I also want other fish and I’m not entirely sure what the limit of size should be. (as in small) I know it’s nothing that it can fit in it’s mouth but how many inch size fish would people say a Lionfish would be ok with? 2”? 3”? 4”?

Would any of those sizes be ok? I know dwarfs are small at first and get bigger but I rlly want a lion and other fish [emoji848]

I’d be adding all the fish first so they know there hiding spots and areas but idk if that makes any difference with Fuzzy Lionfish [emoji88][emoji23]

Thanks [emoji13]
Depends entirely on the size of the lionfish. Their mouths open more than you might think, an adult could probably eat a 2.5 inch fish or perhaps larger.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any small fish like gobies and clowns have a huge possibility of being eatin

OP
OP
saltwaterlover

saltwaterlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any small fish like gobies and clowns have a huge possibility of being eatin

It’s weird. A lot of people say there clowns are fine with lionfish and then there’s others who are like nOpe he ate them..[emoji51]

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on getting a rlly tiny lion
They’re already a very tough fish to keep some of the really small ones are near impossible to get feeding.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back