Dwarf seahorse

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all I finally got dwarf seahorses in my tank and they are living with a lettuce slug and a nausrius snail. I want to add a couple more creatures but have a small 10 gallon tank. Any thoughts on additions? I took out my hermit crabs to be safe with these little guys. Also I have found it hard to get strong batches of bbs shrimp I usually have 2 different ones hatching at a time.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This should help you find any fish for a ten gallon and smaller fish shouldn’t pose any threat to dwarf seahorses however if you like the look of something it is still very important to do your own research on dwarf seahorse compatibility.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This should help you find any fish for a ten gallon and smaller fish shouldn’t pose any threat to dwarf seahorses however if you like the look of something it is still very important to do your own research on dwarf seahorse compatibility.
Have you had any fish in particular with dwarves before?

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any fish in particular with dwarves before?
I am a very new reefer and only have one nano so I have never had any dwarf seahorses myself but I have heard of people keeping them with dwarf gulf pipefish however I think they would be ok with any of the three small Eviota gobies stated in the document but someone else would need to confirm. I have also heard of them living with mandarin dragonets but a ten gallon is way too small.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popular tank mates for dwarf seahorses include Orange Striped Cardinalfish, as they are compatible in terms of diet and prefer brine and mysis shrimp. Additionally, Dartfish are also a good choice, as they are hardy, peaceful, and colorful.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Popular tank mates for dwarf seahorses include Orange Striped Cardinalfish, as they are compatible in terms of diet and prefer brine and mysis shrimp. Additionally, Dartfish are also a good choice, as they are hardy, peaceful, and colorful.
I wa s thinking of adding a sand sifting starfish but want to wait 3/4 more months

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back