Dwyer Flow Meter

  • Thread starter Thread starter toddb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

toddb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody use one of these? I keep having Apex problems, and flow rate is not something I need to monitor constantly, so analog should be fine. Seems like all the water contact parts are plastic.

https://dwyer-inst.com/en/products/flow/water-meters/serieswptn.html
1727050905157.png
 
I cant help with the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention.
 
I have not used that but have used other Dwyer products that work well. Not sure I see the application on the tank but might work good on RODI system. Not sure flow rate is enough though.
 
Last edited:
My plan was/is to use it to monitor flow for a UV sterilizer. Seems simpler, cheaper, and more reliable than any of the aquarium-hobby made units. Granted you'd have to use a timer and read off how many gallons were moved in whatever time to calculate GPH, but that's not something I'd need to do often.
 
My plan was/is to use it to monitor flow for a UV sterilizer. Seems simpler, cheaper, and more reliable than any of the aquarium-hobby made units. Granted you'd have to use a timer and read off how many gallons were moved in whatever time to calculate GPH, but that's not something I'd need to do often.
Have you had any luck? I’m in the same boat and may soon be calculating manually unless I find an option that’s worthwhile.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new