DYI Korallin BioDenitrator

  • Thread starter Thread starter Digicop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Digicop

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
42
Location
Rayne, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having high nitrate issues on a Biocube tank despite dramatically lowering feeding and weekly water changes. I was looking into the Korallin BioDenitrator but the $400 dollar price tag is not doable. Does anyone know a reason why I couldn’t just use the BioDenitrator media with the $50 BRS 5” mini reactor? I suspect the smaller size would be beneficial since I do not want zero nitrate levels. Any ideas?
 
you're not going to get much out of a 5" reactor... that is tiny.. but alas, the biodenitrator pushes water up through sulphur in the reactor then through argonite... if you attach something to allow for a slow drip - i don't see why not.
 
I DIY'd a sulfur reactor once. Almost killed my fish with H2S. The pumps have to be just the right kind, and you have to control it very precisely. I've not heard of people having problems with the production units. Having screwed it up I think I could do it correctly the second time, but....
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new