Dying Anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter ParkerK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ParkerK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
229
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this anemone on the brink of dying? My RBA is doing very well but this one has been in tank for 3 weeks and he’s been healthy but woke up to him looking like this.

image.jpg
 
IMHO, it does not look good. If it lets go of the rock, pull it out.
 
Try feeding small cut up fresh uncooked prawn. i had a similar issue with 3 or 4, not as far gone as yours but in a pretty bad way. All small and shrivelled but after i managed to feed once or twice a week for a few weeks they picked right up. it was hard to get the anemone to keep the food but if you can and get it to eat it might pick up.

All mine are thriving now and look wonderful.. good luck
 
How is the anemone? Mine totally looked like that today. I have a nano tank and put more salt water and it closed. Did your anemone survive?
 
You might have to QT and do Antibiotic treatments or do dips/baths if you have a UV Sterilizer.
 
If all your levels are good and this just happened today, it’s quite possible the anemone is just defecating. When they do this, they deflate a bit and waste comes out of the mouth. It looks like they’re dying but they’re not. If this is the case, it should be back to normal in a few hours. Here’s a picture of mine doing that.

CDD482AF-2A75-4CE4-9378-B6EFBC3B04A0.jpeg
 
How is the anemone? Mine totally looked like that today. I have a nano tank and put more salt water and it closed. Did your anemone survive?
Unfortunately it didn’t as I didn’t want to risk waking up to it floating around my tank stuck in a power head and killing everything around it. I bought a BTA along with that one tho and it’s doing so well that it split already!! I’m not an expert or anything but I’d suggest just getting rid of it if it’s looking dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new