Dying BTA? Stomach out

  • Thread starter Thread starter ollzzz12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ollzzz12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
Location
Redditch, UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know about BTA’s.

First video is February this year. Next pictires are today. As you can see I’ve moved him into an acclimation box as I don’t want him floating around if he dies and getting blended up.

He’s been like this now for maybe over a month or so. I assumed he was dead but his foot still grips. Just never opens up and had had its stomach out the whole time.

Is this due to any common reasons?
Parameters have been stable around the posted ones how ever for the last few months I’ve had near undetectable nitrate. It’s only recently just coke back up.

I find it hard to believe these are the same 2 creatures. I’d like to try to save it but if it’s to far gone then I’d rather be told so I can discard of it to save it polluting my whole tank.
 
IMG_7711.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8805.jpeg
    IMG_8805.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8806.jpeg
    IMG_8806.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8807.jpeg
    IMG_8807.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8808.png
    IMG_8808.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new