Dying Favia Coral

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go to the LFS to get your PO4 tested AND to acquire some nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers if they have them.

BTW, you know for sure from your own tests that you need a nitrogen supplement.

Here's some info you'll be able to use:
A Nitrate Dosing Calculator For Better Tank Health (And Better Coral Color!)

Get a complete picture by getting the PO4 tested before commencing a plan though! :)

OP
OP
W

Wardeandkaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All looks good except for this and the missing PO4 test....if both are zero like this your Favia is unlikely to make it.

Stop the nopox now....you have no nitrates, so no reason to use it. How old is this tank?

Check out one of the free app lux meters......"galactica luxmeter" is one that's worked for folks on IOS side, but there are lots of them.

And get a cheapie lux meter like my "LX-1010B" ordered – don't go without a light meter anymore.

Do not hold out for a PAR meter. Get a lux meter and save up for a PAR meter if you want, but do not hold out. ;)
Tank has been up for 5 months now. I thought it was good to have no nitrates and phosphates. I try to keep nitrate under .2ppm. Got a couple apps to measure lux on my phone last night. Gonna just bite the bullet and get a lux meter for now. Need one to dial in these lights

OP
OP
W

Wardeandkaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go to the LFS to get your PO4 tested AND to acquire some nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers if they have them.

BTW, you know for sure from your own tests that you need a nitrogen supplement.

Here's some info you'll be able to use:
A Nitrate Dosing Calculator For Better Tank Health (And Better Coral Color!)

Get a complete picture by getting the PO4 tested before commencing a plan though! :)
Tank has been up for 5 months now. I thought it was good to have no nitrates and phosphates. I try to keep nitrate under .2ppm. Got a couple apps to measure lux on my phone last night. Gonna just bite the bullet and get a lux meter for now. Need one to dial in these lights
I also run chemi pure blue and phosguard in my media rack

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back