Dying Torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dami2205
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dami2205

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wall torch dying on me should I remove it staring to lose their tentacles I dont it to mess water params?? Any thoughts tks
 
I have a wall torch dying on me should I remove it staring to lose their tentacles I dont it to mess water params?? Any thoughts tks
Two thoughts on this. Some have said to remove and dip in a coral dip. Others have told me to get it out in case it has brown jelly disease. I think if you look where the meat joins the skeleton BJD looks like a brownish goo. I had a three headed torch dying. One head at a time. I pulled it, cut of the two dying heads and dipped the third. I think it is going to be ok. I use Seachem Reef Dip. Others recommend Coral RX I think.
 
do you have any pics how does brown jelly actually looks like??
 
do you have any pics how does brown jelly actually looks like??
I don’t, I don’t think mine had it, the first head that died, the skeleton turned from bright white to brown due to algae. I had gotten them a short time earlier and they had been shipped and I think they had been injured in transit as I thought I saw small parts of their structure poking through their polyps when contracted.
Might google it for pictures,I had never heard of it, even though I had reefs 10+ years in the 90’s, today, especially with this R2R family I have gained tons of knowledge.
I have learned more than I would have believed possible. Knew I wasn’t an expert but thought I was pretty well educated in the hobby, but now I feel like a newbie.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new