E-Marco 400 initial mix longevity question

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all
I’m about to start mortaring my aquascape, but I had questions in the directions .. it says to add water to the polymer mix. And then mix small quantities with the powder. How long does the water polymer mix last in an airtight container?
I want to mortar maybe one third now, and then keep going with another part of my aquascape for another week. Would I just mix all the water and polymer now and store it, using as much as I need in the coming weeks? Or would I just make enough to use up on my current aquascape, then make more water polymer mix later on when I am ready for it??

does the water polymer mix go bad after a time?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a mistake and used straight water. I’m not saying you can use st8 water but I can’t tell any difference.
I’m using the last of mine now and last use of the bag was 1-2 mo’s ago I think

image.jpg

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only mix what you need

I am not sure how to figure out how much polymer to mix in tho. It isn't the mixing with the dry mortar that I am not sure about, it's if I mix the 12 oz of water with the polymer, can I just store that liquid until I mix it with the mortar at a future date? Or do I try to approximate how much polymer is 1/2 and then mix with 1/2 the water that would make the entire amount? What if I only use 1/6 of the water/polymer liquid mix, can I store the rest of the liquid for use next time or do I need to toss it ?

Kola99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, I also used Marco 400 mortar. The mix does not go bad over time so you can add all the water at once and just keep it in the pouch it comes in. Rather than adding and mixing over and over.

OP
OP
drtechno

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, I also used Marco 400 mortar. The mix does not go bad over time so you can add all the water at once and just keep it in the pouch it comes in. Rather than adding and mixing over and over.

Awesome that’s exactly what I was wondering!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back