E-Marco mortar to make frag discs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefRondo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
2,571
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason why I can’t mix some E-Marco mortar with aragonite sand to make my own frag discs? Struggling to get decent large discs here in the UK so was considering making a mould and making my own with a few spare buckets of left over mortar.
 
I could definitely see that working.
I can’t see any reason why not either. Definitely more expensive than standard cement but instantly reef safe is a huge benefit along with quick hardening.
 
I can’t see any reason why not either. Definitely more expensive than standard cement but instantly reef safe is a huge benefit along with quick hardening.

I would agree, I wouldn't buy any strictly for this purpose, but for leftovers go for it! The sand on top will blend nicely for any discs you want to let grow out in the sand bed.
 
Hi guys, just wondering if anybody knows what the concrete powder component and liquid polymer are exactly in the Emarco grey putty buckets? I have just successfully made my own frag plates with it mixing with some aragonite sand and if I can source them cheaper this is my way forward for sure. They are way smoother than planned but not bad for batch one.
IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new