Eagle's 200 gallon

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in setting up this system I am actually downgrading from a 300 gallon display to a 290 total system.

So here is the build.

I bought this tank used and it was scratched to hell.

Lets just say that we have a new Acrylic master in your midst.... ;) :) I buffed out almost all of the scratches on the inside, and will do the outside in a few weeks after things settle down a little bit. Also as most of you know I do cabinets as a profession. "Which in the past has been my excuse for not getting the hood or stands finished. This time there is no excuse, and they are drying in the shop as I type this. I did cut a corner by doing slab doors for now, but will add raised panel doors in the near future.

Well on with the good part, Pictures:

As you can see the camera would focus on the scratches in the first 3 pictures, and they would ALL catch your fingernail.

scratch.jpg

scratch1.jpg

scratch2.jpg

Here is after buffing out the scratches and from the same distance trying to find the same angle where the scratches used to be:
Clear.jpg

Clear1.jpg

clear2.jpg

It took me FOUR times longer to figure out how to remove the scratches on my 'test side' (6 square feet) than it did to do the other 14 square feet.

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is after getting the tank setup, as you can see I still need to position a lot of the corals in their new 'spots'.

full_tank1.jpg

full_tank2.jpg

Front.jpg

front_1.jpg

Left_front.jpg

Side_view.jpg

fish.jpg

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures from last night. Things are starting to find their places.

100_7629__Small_.jpg

100_7630__Small_.jpg

100_7632__Small_.jpg

100_7635__Small_.jpg

100_7642__Small_.jpg

100_7654__Small_.jpg

100_7658__Small_.jpg

90 gallon sump that takes up half of the space under the stand
100_7662__Small_.jpg

I will be doing a frag tank in the top of this side with a 150 watt mh to help grow out corals. It will be plumbed to the main system, from the 1 inch line you see pointed straight out, then overflow into the sump. It will be on a stand with space under it for fish stuff.
100_7663__Small_.jpg

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually used sand paper and then the novus 3 and then the 2. It took some elbow grease and a little bit of time, but I am pleased with the end result.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back