Early Days of BTA acclimating

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If BTA detached from rocks and land face down to sand substrates, can it normally fix itself up? Or do us human need to help?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be inclined to help it attach, a free floating nem is a hazard if PH's are running, but I'm wondering what made it detach?
Try to pin it in gently between a couple rocks maybe, maybe turn pumps off for a half hour or so to give it another chance to take hold of something.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powerheads are all fully covered so not too worry about getting it minced. But it is interesting that it can't right itself up, i would have thought that it can swim, even without any flow. @davocean

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can release and kinda glide down, but not swim.
Sometimes they can kinda right themselves, if they are strong and healthy enough and able to set a foot on something.
Pics might help see what's going on if you can.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180225_155459.jpg

@davocean

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if those shrooms are bothering it

@davocean Yeah if it's bothering him, I don't think I need to pull my sleeves and move it manually. I believe the BTA is quite capable in moving itself...

Today is day 4 and it looks like it settles down there, which is quite funny i must say.

If you ask me, is that my preferred spot for the BTA .. not really :(
But what can I do .. a mind of its own; but better this way than keep moving away.

@Christopher Davis is that the wavemaker really close to the BTA? is it covered?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@davocean Yeah if it's bothering him, I don't think I need to pull my sleeves and move it manually. I believe the BTA is quite capable in moving itself...
?
Well, I personally would not want it to move or detach again.
It just looks like it's w/drawn where that shroom is touching it, at least in that one pic.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I personally would not want it to move or detach again.
It just looks like it's w/drawn where that shroom is touching it, at least in that one pic.

Should I pluck the shrooms out? What you think @davocean?

Investment wise, those shrooms only cost 1/10 of the BTA haha

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Today is day 4 and it looks like it settles down there, which is quite funny i must say.

If you ask me, is that my preferred spot for the BTA .. not really :(
But what can I do .. a mind of its own; but better this way than keep moving away.

@Christopher Davis is that the wavemaker really close to the BTA? is it covered?
It’s shut off, The anemone hasn’t moved in 2 years

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back