East Tennessee Childrens Hospital tank.

sdillon030976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just recently volunteered to take over the maintenance. I am not in business just love the look on kids faces when the see a bring heathly aquarium. I will post pictures of before and after. I am not complete with upgrading this tank I have alot of people and my LFS donating items and fish.
childrens tank 002.jpg
childrens after light.jpg
the first picture is before i touched it. The other is after a water change and adding a 2 bulb t-5 light. I charge the hospital nothing. Its all for the kids!

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to help and have many years experience in the hobby. I also have equipment and frags I would gladly donate. Please contact me privately. Thanks.

Dave

OP
OP
S

sdillon030976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the sump that was on my personal 75 gallon tank yesterday. I really hated breaking down my tank but couldnt find a sump that would fit. I knew these kids need it more than i did! picture to come soon.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just post anything you may need to help the tank.....more lighting, salt, ect......also you may want to post this in the East Tn reef club forum.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size is that tank,and what other equipment do you need ? I may have some extra stuff to help you with it

OP
OP
S

sdillon030976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont really need anything other than more light. I am going to buy a couple ballast and retro it to a 4 bulb t-5. it measures out 150-155 gallon.

Last edited:

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what I was thinking,it looks about like a 150g tall,about 48" wide and about 30" tall....what do you plan to stock it with,fish only or a reef ?

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool....will the 4 T5 bulbs be enough giving the depth of the tank,I know for softies it should be fine but for SPS it may be a bit under lit...if you're going for a softies reef,I can help some with stocking :D

OP
OP
S

sdillon030976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
softies and a few easy lps
I have a lot of frags being donated I even have the fish donated. I have had the pleasure of meeting alot of very great people since i took on the project.

OP
OP
S

sdillon030976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came out of my pocket for all water and additives, light, sump and power head. plus i do all the work. Hospital pays me nothing or has yet to have to buy anything! Thats the way i want to keep it.

Back