Easy Raising Brine Shrimp to Full Size Outside

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share. Pretty much sprinkle some brine shrimp eggs, mix small amounts of spirulina powder in when water starts looking clear, and harvest. Super easy so far.

image (6).jpg
image (5).jpg

OP
OP
Kan9

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind telling how? I
Pretty much did in the post. They can handle a wide range of salinity and temps. They seem to thrive off natural sunlight...even dappled sun is OK. No air stone needed. I feed them about 1/2 tsp of spirulina powder 1 or 2 x week. when ever I need some just net them out with a very fine net and feed them to the reef. Fish love them. They also breed in this set up and seem to auto-populate although I add eggs to keep population high.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to do this the last couple weeks. Both times my culture has died. I am successful at getting the baby shrimp, that I use to feed my mandarins but havent been able to grow the shrimp to adults. Wonder what I am doing wrong? How much spirulina do you use? Maybe I am using too much?

unitedaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to do this the last couple weeks. Both times my culture has died. I am successful at getting the baby shrimp, that I use to feed my mandarins but havent been able to grow the shrimp to adults. Wonder what I am doing wrong? How much spirulina do you use? Maybe I am using too much?

Same here, can't seem to get past day 5.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back